What You Need
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
1/2 lb. cooked bay shrimp
2 teaspoons curry powder
2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup honey
1 cup whole kernel corn, fresh or frozen
1 cup whole milk
What To Do
1. In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add onion; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
3. Stir in flour and curry powder; cook and stir 1 minute.
4. Whisk in chicken broth, lime juice and honey. Bring to a boil; stir in corn. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat; stir in milk and shrimp. Season with salt, if desired.
6. Transfer soup to bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, until well chilled.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Soup Recipes index