What You Need
2 apples, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups celery, diced
1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
1 tablespoon curry powder, or to taste
1/2 cup flour
6 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons honey
2 onions, quartered and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
What To Do
1. In large saucepan, saute celery and green onions in butter until soft but not brown.
2. Add curry powder and blend thoroughly.
3. Add flour and stir to blend completely.
4. Gradually add chicken broth and mix until smooth. Cover and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add honey, sliced onions and apples. Cover and simmer 20 minutes longer.
6. Add cream and yellow food coloring, blending thoroughly. Do not allow mixture to boil. Serve piping hot.
Return to Soup Recipes index