This Summer Fruit Soup recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup honey
3 large peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
3 cups (16 oz.) pitted cherries or blueberries, thawed if frozen
2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What To Do
1. In large saucepan, combine honey, cornstarch, vanilla and cinnamon; mix well.
2. Stir in fruit. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until fruit is tender.
4. Remove from heat; transfer to large bowl. Remove 1 cup of liquid from fruit mixture.
5. In medium bowl, combine liquid with yogurt. Pour into small pitcher. Refrigerate both mixtures for at least two hours.
6. To serve, spoon fruit mixture into 4 large bowls. Pour yogurt mixture evenly over fruit in bowl.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Soup Recipes index