8-Hour Turkey Stew Recipe
This 8-Hour Turkey Stew recipe is for a crockpot.
What You Need
3 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups mushrooms, quartered
1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground thyme
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast, cubed
2 tablespoon all purpose flour
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup low-sodium reduced-fat chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
What To Do
1. Combine vegetables and spices in a large crockpot.
2. Rinse turkey cubes and pat dry, then coat with flour. Add to crockpot over top of vegetables.
3. Mix wine, broth, tomato paste and Worcestershire and pour over turkey.
4. Cover and cook on low for eight hours. Stir once or twice during last hour only to break apart any turkey cubes that are stuck together. Don't leave the lid off for long.
5. Stir in parsley just before serving.
Return to Stew Recipes index