This Chicken Jambalaya recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
6 Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 cup andouille sausage, chunked
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon thyme, minced
1 teaspoon oregano, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 14-ounce can whole, peeled plum tomatoes, with juice
1 14-ounce can tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth
4 scallions, chopped
1 cup long-grain rice
What To Do
1. In a large saucepan, warm canola oil over medium heat. Add sausage; cook until crispy on the edges, about 8 minutes.
2. Stir in onion, celery, green pepper; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Increase heat to medium-high, add chicken thighs and cook until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
4. Return heat to medium; stir in cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Continue cooking about 3 more minutes.
5. Stir in tomatoes with their juices, tomato sauce, chicken broth, scallions and rice. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to very low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Return to Stew Recipes index