Jaffa Chicken and Bean Stew Recipe
What You Need
2 cups thinly sliced onions
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
2 cans (15 ounces each) Red or Pinto beans or 3 cups cooked dry-packaged Red or Pinto beans, rinsed, drained
1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
1/4 cup orange juice
Grated rind of half an orange or lemon
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
What To Do
1. Cook onions and garlic in oil in large skillet over low heat, covered, until very tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in spices and cook 1 minute longer.
3. Increase heat to medium. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat to boiling.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until chicken is tender, about 5 minutes.
Source: American Dry Bean Board
Return to Stew Recipes index