This Mexican Beef Stew recipe makes6 to 8 servings.
What You Need
3 pounds beef for stew, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
1 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
2 medium zucchini, halved, sliced (3/4-inch)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
1/2 cup frozen corn
2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
Chopped tomato, chopped fresh cilantro, dairy sour cream (optional)
What To Do
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
2. Brown beef in batches; pour off drippings. Return beef to pan; season with salt.
3. Stir in broth and salsa; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
5. Stir in zucchini, beans and corn; continue cooking, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until beef is fork-tender.
6. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with toppings.
Source: Cattlemen's Beef Board
Return to Stew Recipes index