Pork and Apple Stew Recipe
This Pork and Apple Stew Recipe makes 6 servings. You'll need a 3.5-quart slow cooker for this one.
What You Need
1 3-pound boneless pork roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 chopped onions
2 carrots, cut into half-inch rounds
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, quartered
3/4 cup apple cider
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
What To Do
1. Using a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown pork on all sides.
2. Transfer pork to plate and season with salt and pepper.
3. Add onion, carrots and apples to skillet. Cook until onion begins to brown (approximately 5-6 minutes), stirring frequently.
4. Transfer veggies to a 3.5-quart slow cooker. Add pork over top of veggies.
5. Add apple cider, thyme, allspice and sage to skillet and bring to a simmer. Deglaze the bottom of the skillet, then pour mixture into slow cooker.
6. Cover slow cooker and cook on low 6-7 hours, until pork is tender.
7. Using a slotted spoon, ladle meat into serving bowls and cover to keep warm.
8. Skim fat from surface of liquid in slow cooker, then transfer to food processor. Puree until smooth.
9. Pour liquid over meat in bowls, gently stir, and serve.
Return to Stew Recipes index