This creamy Seafood Stew recipe uses shrimp, crab and oysters and makes 10 servings.
What You Need
1 quart milk
1 pint half-and-half
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
Half of 12-oz. bottle cocktail sauce
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Seasoned salt to taste
Black pepper, coarsely ground, to taste
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
2 whole crabs, cleaned, cracked, shell removed
3 8-oz. cans oysters
Paprika to taste
What To Do
1. Place large stew pot over medium heat.
2. Add milk, half-and-half, butter, wine, cocktail sauce, celery salt, hot sauce, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix.
3. Add seasoned salt and ground black pepper to taste.
4. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through.
5. Add shrimp, crab and oysters to pot and stir. Cook another 30 minutes.
6. Ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle paprika to taste over each serving.
Return to Stew Recipes index