Accidental Whole Wheat Herb Bread Recipe
This Accidental Whole Wheat Herb Bread recipe makes 2 loaves.
What You Need
1 11.5-oz. can V-8
2/3 cup water
2 cups low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup minced scallions
1 teaspoon dill
3 cups whole wheat flour
5 cups unbleached white flour
2 packets fast-rising yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
What To Do
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix V-8, eggs, water, cottage cheese, scallions and dill. Heat in microwave oven until mixture records a temperature of 125-130F on a thermometer.
2. In another large bowl, mix together the two flours, plus yeast and sugar.
3. Combine the warmed wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Flour a surface for kneading, and knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5-8 minutes.
4. Place dough in bowl, cover with towel, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
5. After rest period, divide dough and place in two loaf pans, 5 1/4 inches by 9 1/4 inches. Cover with plastic wrap sprayed with non-stick coating. Put in warm place for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 425F. Place loaf pans into oven and bake break for 25 minutes, or until loaves sound hollow when tapped.
Return to Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes