Applesauce Nut Bread Recipe
This Applesauce Nut Bread recipe makes 1 loaf.
What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cup chunky-style applesauce
1 cup walnuts, chopped
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
2. Sift flour together with baking powder, salt and cinnamon into one bowl.
3. In another bowl, cream butter with both sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Beat eggs into creamed mixture, one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Add half the dry ingredients and half the applesauce, and stir; then add remaining dry ingredients and remaining applesauce, stirring again.
6. Fold in nuts and pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake 1 hour or until loaf tests done. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove from pan, and cool completely on wire wire.
Return to Bread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes