One version of the standard banana bread recipe, this one makes one loaf.
What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter or margarine with sugar.
4. Add slightly beaten egg to creamed mixture along with bananas.
5. Mix in sifted ingredients until just combined, then stir in milk and nuts.
6. Spread batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until top is browned and cracks have formed along the top.
Return to Banana Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes