The "big" in the title of this Big Banana Bread recipe refers not to the size of the loaf (standard 9x5), but to the amount of banana flavor packed into that loaf.
What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed bananas (use overripe ones)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together, then stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
4. Add banana mixture into flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake 60-65 minutes, until loaf tests done.
6. Allow banana bread loaf to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer loaf to a wire rack to complete cooling.
Return to Banana Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes