Old Fashioned Banana Bread Recipe
This Old Fashioned Banana Bread recipe makes 1 loaf.
What You Need
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teapoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease loaf pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
3. In a separate bowl, add shortening and sugar and cream until light and fluffy, and beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Add bananas and mix.
5. Add one-quarter of dry mixture at a time, beating after each addition until batter is smooth.
6. Add batter to loaf pan and bake 50 minutes.
Return to Banana Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes