What You Need
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoon butter or margarine
2/3 cup milk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter.
4. Add milk, using a fork to mix it in.
5. Place dough on a floured cutting board and knead about 15 turns. Roll out ball to a thickness of about 3/4 inch.
6. Cut out biscuits using a biscuit cutter and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes, or until medium brown.
7. Serve with butter or jam.
Return to Biscuit Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes