Molasses Drop Biscuits Recipe
This Molasses Drop Biscuits recipe makes 12 servings.
What You Need
2 cups self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
2 teaspoons butter
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons molasses
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 ounces raisins
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon, mix well.
3. Add shortening and butter to flour mixture.
4. Using a pastry blender, cut shortening and butter into flour mixture until it looks like cornmeal.
5. Add egg, molasses and buttermilk, mix well.
6. Fold in raisins and drop by tablespoons onto a light colored or air-bake baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
7. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon, and spoon molasses over biscuits or serve plain.
Return to Biscuit Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes