What You Need
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg, unbeaten
1/3 cup milk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, celery seed and salt.
3. Cut in shortening and parmesan cheese until mixture resembles fine meal.
4. Separately, combine egg and milk, then add to dry ingredients; stir just until dough clings together. Turn out onto floured surface and knead 10 times.
5. Roll out to a thickness of 1/2 inch and cut out biscuits. Place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Return to Biscuit Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes