This Pepper Biscuits recipes make 12 biscuits.
What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon coarse cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Sift together flour with baking powder, salt, pepper and baking soda.
3. Cut in shortening with pastry cutter.
4. Add buttermilk to make a soft dough.
5. Flour your hands and pull off pieces of dough the size of biscuit, and pat into a biscuit shape.
6. Place, touching, on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Return to Biscuit Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes