Red Chili Biscuits Recipe
What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 cup sourdough starter
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly grease baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Cut in shortening until mixture if fine crumbs.
4. Add chili powder, cheese and sourdough starter. Mix until flour is moistened.
5. Place mixture on a floured surface, knead lightly and pat to half-inch thick.
6. Cut out biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch cutter.
7. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 biscuits.
Return to Biscuit Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes