Southwestern Biscuits Recipe
This Southwestern Biscuits recipe makes 12 biscuits.
What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1 4-oz. can diced green chilies (drained)
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
Pinch of cayenne pepper
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
3. Cut in shortening until consistency of mixture reaches that of coarse crumbs.
4. Add chilies, cheese and milk and combine to form soft dough.
5. Turn dough onto heavily floured surface, and knead lightly. Roll out to a thickness of 3/4 inch and cut out biscuits.
6. Place on ungreased cookie sheet in center of oven; bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Return to Biscuit Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes