California Brown Bread Recipe
This California Brown Bread recipe makes 2 loaves.
What You Need
1/2 cup applesauce
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup honey
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
What To Do
1. In small bowl, pour boiling water over raisins. Set aside.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, beat together honey and shortening on low speed until smooth and creamy.
3. Add applesauce and eggs. Beat on medium speed until well blended.
4. Add dry ingredients. Beat on low speed until thoroughly mixed.
5. Drain raisins. Stir into batter.
6. Pour batter into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350F 40 to 45 minutes or until loaf tests done in center.
7. Remove bread from pans. Cool completely before slicing.
Return to Bread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes