Blue cornmeal is the secret to this Blue Cornbread recipe, which makes 8 servings.
What You Need
1/4 cup margarine or butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups blue cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Cook garlic in butter or margarine until tender.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Separately, stir together eggs, milk and butter-garlic mixture. Add this to cornmeal mixture and stir just until batter is smooth.
5. Pour into greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until it tests clean using a wooden toothpick.
7. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Return to Cornbread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes