What You Need
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 cups buttermilk or low-fat yogurt
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 cups yellow cornmeal
What To Do
1. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
2. Combine buttermilk, butter, honey and eggs in separate large bowl.
3. Then stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
4. Pour into greased 12x8x2-inch baking pan.
5. Bake at 350F 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Cornbread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes