This Low Fat Cornbread recipe uses no oil and gets it moisture from yogurt. It makes 12 servings, with each serving having approximately 120 calories 1.5 grams of fat.
What You Need
1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
2 eggs, beaten
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
3. Mix flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
4. Stir in yogurt and eggs, stirring only until well blended.
5. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes, until center springs back when gently pressed.
Return to Cornbread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes