What You Need
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling water
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons sugar
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 400F and grease a 9x13-inch pan.
2. Scald cornmeal with the boiling water, then add 1/2 cup of the milk.
3. Separately, mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to the cornmeal mixture.
4. Add eggs and combine thoroughly.
5. Add remaining milk and stir.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes.
Return to Cornbread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes