Sour Milk Cornbread Recipe
This Sour Milk Cornbread recipe uses two flavoring tricks: sour milk (vinegar added to milk to curdle it), of course, plus bacon grease.
What You Need
2 cups corn meal
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons bacon grease (melted)
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 425F and grease an 8-inch square pan.
2. Sift dry ingredients together.
3. Add vinegar to milk and let sit for a couple minutes until curdled. Add eggs to sour milk.
4. Stir egg/milk into dry ingredients; add melted bacon grease.
5. Pour batter into pan and back approximately 25 minutes until cornbread tests done (begin checking at 20-minute mark).
Return to Cornbread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes