Grilled Garden Vegetable Flatbread Recipe
This Grilled Garden Vegetable Flatbread recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
2/3 cup fat-free or low-fat milk
1 package (4 oz.) feta cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh thyme or basil, finely chopped
1/4 cup honey
Nonstick cooking spray
2 large red, yellow, orange or green bell pepper, halved and seeded
1 1/2 cups reduced-fat baking mix
3/4 lb. small zucchini or yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise in half
2 tablespoons + 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
What To Do
1. In a small bowl, combine honey, vinegar and thyme; mix well.
2. Place zucchini slices and bell peppers on oiled grill. Grill over medium-hot coals 20-25 minutes, turning and brushing with honey mixture every 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from grill; cool to room temperature. Coarsely chop.
3. Heat oven to 425F. Lightly spray a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons wheat germ.
4. In a large bowl, combine baking mix, 1/2 cup wheat germ and milk; stir with fork until thoroughly combined (mixture will be moist).
5. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead, adding additional flour, as needed, until dough is no longer sticky.
6. Pat into a 12x8-inch rectangle on a cookie sheet. Top with chopped grilled vegetables, tomatoes and cheese.
7. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Bread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes