Honey Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
This Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe makes 2 loaves.
What You Need
2 packages active dry yeast
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup finely shredded carrot
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
1 cup mashed banana
1 tablespoon salt
5 cups unbleached flour
2 1/4 cups warm water
3 cups whole wheat flour
What To Do
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water.
2. Stir in whole wheat flour, 1 3/4 cups warm water, carrots, bananas, butter, honey, salt and cinnamon; beat until smooth using an electric mixer.
3. Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead about 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic, on a lightly floured board.
4. Place in a large greased bowl and turn to grease all sides. Cover bowl and set in warm place to rise about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
5. Punch down dough, divide in half, flatten each half with a rolling pin, or your hand, to 18x9-inches; overlap the two sides and fold into thirds. Roll each half up tightly and place in a greased 9x5x3-inch pan. Brush tops with melted butter. Let rise about one hour or until doubled in size.
6. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Source: National Honey Board
Return to Bread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes