Oatmeal Raisin Bread Recipe
This Oatmeal Raisin Bread recipe makes 1 large loaf.
What You Need
1 cup seedless raisins
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons shortening
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup molasses
1 2/3 cup milk
What To Do
1. Wash raisins and drain. Soak raisins for a few minutes in water, then drain.
2. Using a large bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together.
3. Cut in shortening until blended.
4. Separately, mix together raisins and oats, then add to flour mixture.
5. Combine molasses and milk in a small mixing bowl, then add to flour and combine.
6. Grease and flour a 9.5x5.5x2.75 loaf pan, and transfer dough into pan. Cover with a kitchen towel and let stand 20 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350F.
8. Insert loaf into oven and bake 1 hour or until loaf tests done.
9. Remove bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
Return to Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes