What You Need
4 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
1 1/2 cups water reserved from boiling potatoes, warm to touch
4 tablespoons dry yeast
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 1/2 pounds all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 cups chives (optional)
What To Do
1. Peel potatoes. Cut into small chunks and boil until soft. Reserve water, and set potatoes aside to cool.
2. Add yeast to warm potato water. Stir to dissolve, then let stand for a few minutes until a white foam appears on top of water.
3. In a large bowl, mix cooled potatoes, yeast/water and oil together until fully incorporated. Cover and let stand for about 30 minutes.
4. Add flour, salt and chives, then knead with a bread hook. The dough will appear dry.
5. Divide dough and form into loaves (whatever size you prefer). Cover loaves and let stand for 1 hour.
6. After standing for one hour, place loaves into preheated oven at 350F for 45 minutes.
Return to Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes