Sunflower Wheat Bread Recipe
This Sunflower Wheat Bread recipe makes 2 loaves.
What You Need
2 packages active dry yeast
1/2 cup bran, unprocessed
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup honey
1 cup milk, warm (105° to 115°F)
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
1 cup water, warm (105° to 115°F)
1/2 cup wheat germ
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
What To Do
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine butter, salt, honey and milk. Add yeast mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flours, bran, wheat germ and sunflower seeds. Then stir dry ingredients into the milk mixture, forming a stiff dough.
4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease the top. Cover. Let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size (about 1 hour).
6. Punch down dough. Shape into 2 loaves. Place in greased 8x4x3-inch pans. Cover. Let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size (about 1 hour).
7. Bake at 400F 15 minutes. Reduce heat and bake at 350°F about 25 minutes.
Return to Bread Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes