Vanilla Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
This Vanilla Poppy Seed Bread recipe makes 1 loaf.
What You Need
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, add eggs and beat slightly.
4. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla, then transfer to larger bowl and stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
5. Turn batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Allow loaf to cool for 10 minutes in the pan on a wire rack, then remove loaf from pan to cool completely.
Return to Bread Recipes index
Banana Bread Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes