Baked Spanish Rice Recipe
This Baked Spanish Rice recipe makes 12 servings.
What You Need
2 cups long-grain rice
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup onion, diced
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 cup tomato, diced
1 tablespoon granulated chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups water
What To Do
1. Preheat oven to 275F.
2. Using a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt shortening.
3. Add rice to shortening and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until rice begins to brown.
4. Add onion and saute 2 minutes, until onion softens.
5. Add remaining ingredients and stir well (until chicken bouillon granules are dissolved).
6. Bring to a boil, then transfer to 2-quart casserole dish.
7. Cover casserole and bake 1 hour.
Return to Rice Recipes index
Main Dish Recipes