Ground beef and vegetables beef up this Dirty Rice recipe.
What You Need
1 cup uncooked rice
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
5 green onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1/2 of medium bell pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon thyme
Salt and pepper, to taste
Hot sauce to taste
What To Do
1. Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
2. Partially brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain.
3. Add thyme and chopped vegetables to beef in skillet; cook over medium heat until onions are transparent.
4. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
5. Stir in rice; adjust seasonings as necessary.
6. Cook a few more minutes over low heat, then serve.
Note: You may need to add a little water to rice-beef mixture during last period of cooking if dirty rice appears too dry.
Return to Rice Recipes index
Main Dish Recipes