Spicy Rice and Vegetables Recipe
This Spicy Rice and Vegetables recipe makes 4-6 servings, and it doesn't have only vegetables in it, but also a little fruit and nuts.
What You Need
1 cup green chilies, diced
1 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup onion, diced
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups brown rice
3 cups water
1 apple, cored, chopped
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
What To Do
1. Melt butter in saucepan; add honey and vegetables and saute until veggies are tender.
2. Add rice; continue cooking until onions are clear.
3. Add water, bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes on boil.
4. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking another 35 minutes or until rice has absorbed water.
5. Add apple and almonds during last five minutes of cooking.
Return to Rice Recipes index
Main Dish Recipes