Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
This Classic Bread Stuffing recipes makes 10 servings.
What You Need
1 stick unsalted butter
2 medium onions, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery leaves (use leaves taken from inner stalks)
1 pound firm white bread
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cups turkey broth
What To Do
1. For firm white bread, allow loaf to dry overnight in oven, then cut into half-inch cubes (10 cups of plain croutons can be substituted).
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, celery and celery leaves. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are golden.
3. Pour vegetables and butter into large mixing bowl. Add bread cubes, parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 cups of the broth, until the stuffing is evenly moistened but not soggy.
5. Pour into lightly buttered casserole dish, then drizzle remaining brother over the top.
6. Cover and place into 350F oven; bake 30-40 minutes or until top is golden and slightly crisped.
Return to Dressing and Stuffing Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes