Honey Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
What You Need
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
4 cups day-old Honey Cornbread
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons honey
1 (4 oz.) Italian sausage
1/2 cup minced onion
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 teaspoon salt
What To Do
1. In large bowl, place crumbled cornbread.
2. Remove sausage from casing.
3. In medium skillet, crumble and saute sausage until brown. Using slotted spoon, remove sausage from skillet and add to cornbread. Drain all but 1 Tablespoon of fat.
4. Return skillet to medium-high heat; stir in bell pepper, onion and celery. Saute until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Cool slightly, then add to cornbread.
6. In small bowl, combine broth and honey. Pour over stuffing.
7. Place stuffing in a greased 9x9-inch baking dish. Cover dish with foil and bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
8. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until stuffing is lightly browned. As an alternative, pack you may pack stuffing into poultry cavity before roasting.
Return to Dressing and Stuffing Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes