Sausage and Apple Stuffing Recipe
This Sausage and Apple Stuffing recipe makes 10 cups.
What You Need
16 slices white bread, cubed
1 pound bulk sausage
1 large onion, diced
2 large apples, pared, quartered, cored and chopped
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
What To Do
1. Spread bread cubes over cookie sheets and heat in 250F oven for 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Cut sausage into thick slices and brown 5 minutes per side in medium skillet. Crumble, then cook 1 minute more to remove any pink.
3. Combine sausage and bread crumbs in large bowl. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of sausage juices; with rest, saute onions until tender.
4. Stir apples and water into skillet with onions and heat to boiling. Pour over sausage-bread mixture.
5. Add salt and lightly toss. Makes enough to stuff a 12-pound bird.
Return to Dressing and Stuffing Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes