Southern Cornbread Dressing Recipe
What You Need
1 cornbread baked in 9x9 pan, crumbled
4 cups toasted dry bread cubes
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tsp dried sage leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon pepper
What To Do
1. Preaheat oven to 375F. Grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter.
3. Over medium-high heat, add onions and celery and cook until tender.
4. Pour into a large mixing bowl, then add cornbread and bread cubes, plus all remaining ingredients.
5. Mix well and spoon into baking dish.
6. Bake 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
Return to Dressing and Stuffing Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes