Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffing Recipe
What You Need
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup minced onion
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
4 cups water, salted to taste
1 cup wild rice
What To Do
1. In small saucepan, combine wild rice with salted water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until tender, approximately 45 minutes.
2. While rice is cooking, heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions, celery and garlic; saute until onion is translucent and celery is soft, about 7 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms; saute until mushrooms are soft, about 3 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat. When rice is cooked, drain in a colander.
5. In large bowl, combine rice and mushroom-onion mixture. Add apricots, parsley and honey, stirring until mixed well.
6. Serve warm as a side dish or use to stuff poultry.
Return to Dressing and Stuffing Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes