This Artichoke Bisque recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
8 tablespoons flour
16 oz. butter
6 cups beef Stock
2 celery stalks, finely chopped
3 large onions, finely chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 bay Leaves
1/4 teaspoon thyme
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 14-oz. cans artichoke hearts, undrained
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 cup dry white wine
4 oz. light cream
2 tablespoons parsley, minced
What To Do
1. Using a heavy pot, melt butter. Add flour; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
2. Slowly add stock, mixing well, then add celery, onion, greeen onions, bay leaves, thyme and garlic. Simmer 45 minutes.
3. Chop artichoke hearts fairly fine and add to pot, along with artichoke liquid. Cook on a low simmer another 30 minutes.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste, plus Tabasco sauce, dry white wine and cream. Bring to a simmer, but do not boil.
5. When simmering is reached, bisque is ready to serve. Sprinkle parsley over each serving.
Return to Artichoke Recipes index or Soup Recipes index
Artichoke Dip Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes