Artichoke Fritters Recipe
This Artichoke Fritters recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1/2 pound artichoke hearts, cooked and diced
4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 green onions, chopped (green parts only)
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1/2 cup flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon cornstarch
4 cups peanut or corn oil for frying
What To Do
1. Place artichoke hearts in a large bowl. Stir in egg yolks and baking powder, then add green onion and fold in lemon peel.
2. Mix in flour, salt and pepper.
3. Separately, beat egg whites and cornstarch together until peaks form. Fold egg white mixture into artichoke mixture.
4. Heat oil to 360F.
5. Using a tablespoon, drop half-dollar-sized dollops of artichoke batter into oil. Fry until golden brown (maintain oil at 360F).
6. Remove fritters using a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
7. Serve with a small bowl of vinaigrette for dipping.
Return to Artichoke Recipes index
Artichoke Dip Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes