Creamy Artichoke and Oyster Soup Recipe
What You Need
2 jars artichoke hearts
12 oysters from the jar
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
3 green onions, chopped
1 clove of garlic
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
Pinch of thyme
1 cup cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
What To Do
1. Reserve four artichoke hearts for garnish.
2. Add rest of artichoke hearts, along with liquid, to blender and pulse several times.
3. In a skillet, melt butter and add flour; cook, stirring constantly, until a roux forms.
4. Stir in artichoke puree, any liquid from the oysters, plus 1 cup milk.
5. Add green onions, garlic, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper, and simmer 10 minutes.
6. Add oysters and cream; cook just until the oysters plump and curl around the edges.
7. Serve immediately in deep bowls garnished with reserved artichoke hearts.
Return to Artichoke Recipes index or Soup Recipes index
Artichoke Dip Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes