Grilled Artichokes Recipe
This Grilled Artichokes recipes makes 4 servings.
What You Need
2 fresh artichokes
2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
8 tablespoons water
What To Do
1. Trim artichokes by removing stems and spiny tips. Slice in half lengthwise. Rinse well and scrape out the choke from each half.
2. Squeeze half a lemon over the cut sides of each artichoke.
3. Using thick, heavy duty aluminum foil, make baking cups large enough to hold each artichoke half. Place artichokes in foil, cut side up, and sprinkle garlic over each, and give each a drizzle of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add tablespoons of water to each artichoke half; cover with foil.
5. Cook on a closed grill over medium-hot coals for about 1 hour. Artichokes are ready when they are tender when pierced.
Return to Artichoke Recipes index
Artichoke Dip Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes