Oysters and Artichoke Casserole Recipe
This Oysters and Artichoke Casserole recipe makes 10 servings.
What You Need
2 packages frozen artichoke hearts
1/2 pound mushrooms, sauteed in butter
1 quart large oysters
1/4 pound butter
1 bunch green onions, minced
1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
1/2 cup browned flour
Dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 thinly sliced lemon, unpeeled
Pinch of thyme
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
What To Do
1. Cook artichoke hearts as directed on package.
2. Preheat oven to 350F and butter a casserole dish.
3. Place cooked artichoke hearts in dish and cover with sauteed mushrooms.
4. Cook oysters in their liquid until edges begin to curl; drain, reserve liquid.
5. Melt butter and add onion; saute until onion is tender, then add parsley and cook 1 minute.
6. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Add enough white wine to reserved oyster liquid to make 1 1/2 cups, and add to skillet with onion and parsley.
7. Add seasonings and stir constantly until mixture thickents.
8. Add oysters, give a quick stir, then pour mixture over artichokes and mushrooms in casserole dish.
9. Arrange lemon slices over top.
10. Bake until mixture is bubbling, approximately 10 minutes.
Return to Artichoke Recipes index
Artichoke Dip Recipes
More Side Dish Recipes