Baked Asparagus Patties Recipe
This Baked Asparagus Patties recipe makes 6 servings.
What You Need
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of red pepper
1 15-oz. can asparagus spears, drained, cut into half-inch pieces
2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
What To Do
1. Using a heavy sauce pan over low heat, melt butter, then add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
2. Combine milk and egg yolk and stir well, then gradually add to flour/butter mix. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and becomes bubbly.
3. Add salt, pepper and asparagus pieces and stir. Let mixture cool, then chill thoroughly.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Using about 1/4 cup of mixture per pattie, shape into patties and then coat patties with breadcrumbs. Place patties on ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake 20 minutes (tops should be golden brown); turn and bake another 5 minutes.
Return to Asparagus Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes