What You Need
1 pound asparagus, trimmed
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
4 oz. freshly grated Romano cheese
What To Do
1. Bring salted water to a boil; add asparagus and cook just until barely tender.
2. Drain and let asparagus spears dry on paper towels.
3. Using a low-rimmed, wide bowl, beat egg with milk. Dip asparagus spears into egg/milk mixture, then into bread crumbs.
4. Pour enough olive oil into pan to cover asparagus and heat to 364 degrees.
5. Fry coated asparagus, a few at a time, until lightly browned (should take about 2 minutes each). Drain on paper towels.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle grated cheese over top.
Return to Asparagus Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes