This Sugared Asparagus recipe makes 4 servings.
What You Need
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 cup chicken broth
What To Do
1. Heat butter and brown sugar, until sugar is dissolved, in a skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add asparagus and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
4. Remove asparagus from skillet and place in a serving dish, but keep warm.
5. Continue cooking sauce in skillet until it reduces by half. Pour over asparagus and serve.
Return to Asparagus Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes