Lemon, garlic and crushed red papper add kick to this garlic broccoli recipe. Serve this at room temperature or chilled.
What You Need
1 1/2 pounds broccoli
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
What To Do
1. Cut florets from stems, and peel broccoli stems. Cut all broccoli into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Add oils to saucepan and heat. Add crushed red pepper; remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
3. Add garlic, soy sauce, sugar and lemon juice to oils, and stir to dissolve sugar.
4. Steam the broccoli until almost tender, then cool under running water.
5. Transfer broccoli to serving bowl. Pour dressing over top and toss.
Return to Broccoli Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes