Red Pepper and Corn Relish Recipe
This Red Pepper and Corn Relish recipe makes 8 cups.
What You Need
1 large red bell pepper
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons real maple syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 10-oz. packages frozen corn kernels, thawed, drained
1/2 cup chopped green onion
What To Do
1. Roast the red pepper under the broiler until all sides are blackened. Seal in a paper bag and let stand for 10 minutes, then peel, seed and chop.
2. Combine vinegar, maple syrup, hot pepper sauce, ground turmeric and salt in a large bowl, then gradually whisk in oil.
3. Add chopped red pepper, corn and green onions and toss to coat.
4. Refrigerate overnight. Stir occasionally during refrigeration time.
5. Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Return to Corn Recipes index
More Side Dish Recipes